Senior Software Engineer - Trieste
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- You have hands-on experience with several programming languages and platforms, and you understand most of the moving parts in the applications you work on. Java, Go, Scala - you name it. We think that, in a world of ever-changing languages and technologies, the most valuable and transferable assets are experience and competence, not tools. Can you tell us why and when your stack is great?
- You can work on distributed applications with high-availability/high-performance/high-security requirements.
- You’re interested in mastering development practices. You are familiar with different approaches (Lean, Agile) and practices (pair programming, TDD, CI/CD).
- You move swiftly between on-premise and cloud-based (AWS, GCP, Azure) deployment pipelines.
- You’ve got a strong interest and track record in sharing your work and experience in conferences, meetups, blog posts and through contributions to the open-source community.
- You have strong, experience-based opinions and are not afraid of having them challenged.
- You are passionate about crafting and delivering value through software.
- You LOVE learning.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A first-class team where both mutual learning and teaching are welcome.
- Diverse and technically challenging projects to work on. Our portfolio goes from IoT to enterprise systems, from the shiny new startup to the secretive niche project which will twist your mind with unpredictable requirements and technical challenges.
- A collaborative organization where every team member has autonomy, purpose and a direct influence in shaping our Company.
- Many chances to shape your growth. At OptionFactory, we think you know best what, when and how you want and need to learn and improve. We don’t have fixed career paths or plans, just talented peers, interesting projects and autonomy.
- An open, informal environment that welcomes research, experiments and failures.
- Business transparency: discuss with clients, get to know why and how you’re delivering value, be updated and understand what’s good for us.
- An innovative, well-balanced, continuously-tuned remuneration package.
- Respect for your time. We want our people to be relaxed, clear minded and focused, so we aim for reasonable, flexible working hours and minimal (if any) overtime.
- While business trips are part of our job, we avoid them when a valid alternative is available. Moreover, we don’t lend our people to our clients in a permanent or semi-permanent fashion. Our people stay with us.
- A cozy work environment with nice perks (beer tap, coffee, no purchase policy, LAN parties at lunch, ...). Work doesn’t have to feel like a chore.
- What do YOU need? We can talk about it together.